www.ciolek.com > dr ciolek t.matthew - personal page > dr ciolek t.matthew - curriculum vitae
Dr Ciolek, T. Matthew - Curriculum Vitae
[Page last updated: 4 Aug 2023]
|| Personal Page ||
Curriculum Vitae ||
List of Publications ||
Ciolek, T. (Thaddeus) Matthew
[data available on request]
Date of Birth
[data available on request]
Place of Birth
[data available on request]
- Canberra College of Advanced Education (CCAE) [now, University of Canberra], School of Information Sciences, Studies in Computing Science, 1983-1984.
- The Australian National University, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies (RSPAS), Department of Anthropology, PhD research, 1973-1977.
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of History - Studies in Prehistory, 1965-1970. Simultaneously, full time studies in Social Anthropology, 1965-1970.
- Edward Dembowski Lycee, Warsaw, 1961-1965.
- Primary, Warsaw,1954-1961.
- GradDipComp (CCAE), 1984.
- PhD (ANU), 1978.
- MA Archaeology (Warsaw), September 1970.
- MA Anthropology (Warsaw), June 1970 - Magna cum laude.
Awards, Honours, Scholarships and Fellowships
- 2023. Gold Badge #119 of the Association of Conservators of Historical Monuments (SKZ), awarded to T.M. Ciolek by the SKZ Board, Poland, on 12 Jul 2023 during a special seminar on "Gerard Ciołek's Work on Reconstruction of Wilanów Park and Garden", Wilanów Palace Museum, Warszawa, Poland.
- 2019. "Book of the Year 2019 Prize" of the Association of Conservators of Historical Monuments (SKZ), awarded to T.M. Ciolek for his book "Gerard Ciołek i przyjaciele - kalendarium życia i pracy 25 pasterzy krajobrazu i zabytków [Gerard Ciołek and friends: A timeline of life and work of 25 shepherds of landscape and monuments], Kraków: Wydawnictwa Politechniki Krakowskiej 2019" on 15 Nov 2019 by the SKZ Board, Poland, Warszawa, Poland.
- 2019. Medal “Meritorious for Polish Culture” awarded to T.M. Ciolek by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Poland, on 25 Oct 2019 during Kraków Technical University’s conference "Conservation and ecological aspects in landscape protection", Kraków, Poland.
- 2011-2014. School of Culture, History & Language, ANU College of Asia and the Pacific, The Australian National University, Visiting Fellowship.
- 2005. Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Australia. "The 25th Anniversary of the 'Solidarity'" commemorative medal, presented in Canberra on 01 Dec 2005 by the Polish Ambassador to Australia. Three thousand and six hundred (3,600) of such medals were presented worldwide; incl. 40 medals bestowed on politicians, journalists, and academics in Australia. The medal was jointly awarded to Dr Ciolek and his wife Irena M. Goltz for their volunteer work during years 1981-1987 in support and defense of Poland's human rights, freedom of thought, and democracy.
- 2000. Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative, University of California at Berkeley, USA, Visiting Fellowship.
- 1992-1993. Centre de Calcul, Université de Perpignan, France, Visiting Fellowship.
- 1980. Dept. of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, The Australian National University, Visiting Fellowship.
- 1978-1979. Nuffield Foundation Travelling Fellowship, Oxford University, UK.
- 1973-1977. The Australian National University, Ph.D. Scholarship.
- 1973. Monash University, Melbourne, offer of a Ph.D. Scholarship tenable at Dept. of Anthropology, (declined in favour of the ANU Ph.D. Scholarship).
- 1972. Sir Raymond Firth's Private Research Grant tenable at Dept. of Anthropology, London School of Economics, UK.
- 1972. Polish Academy of Science offer of a Ph.D. Scholarship tenable at the Institute of Praxiology, PAS, Warsaw (declined for personal reasons).
- 1970. UW Vice-Chancellor's Prize For Exemplary Completion of Studies (awarded for the M. A. in Anthropology).
- 1967-1970. University of Warsaw (UW) Award for Excellence in Studies awarded during three consecutive years: 1967/68; 1968/69; 1969/70.
- 1997-2011. Head, Internet Publications Bureau, RSPAS, The Australian National University, Canberra.
- 1990-1996. Programmer/Designer of Information Systems, RSSS/RSPAS, The Australian National University, Canberra.
- 1985-1989. Programmer/Training Officer, Research School of Social Sciences (RSSS)/Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies (RSPAS), The Australian National University, Canberra.
- 1983-1985. Computer Systems Officer, Department of Housing and Construction, Australian Public Service, Canberra.
- 1982-1982. Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA (one semester).
- 1980-1983. Research Officer, Department of Housing and Construction, Australian Public Service, Canberra.
- 1978-1979. Visiting Fellow, Dept. of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, UK (thirteen months).
- 1973-1977. Ph.D. Scholar, Human Ethology Laboratory, Department of Anthropology, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, ANU.
- 1972-1973. Postgraduate Research Student, Department of Anthropology, London School of Economics (Michaelmas Term).
- 1971-1972. Consulting Anthropologist, Insititute of Art, Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw (six months).
- 1970-1971. Tutor in Social Anthropology, University of Warsaw (one year).
- 2007-present. Member of the Editorial Board, Transoxiana - Journal Libre de Estudios Orientales [ISSN 1666-7050], Argentina.
- 2004-2011. Member of the "Asia/Pacific" (Suez-to-Suva) ARC Network Steering Committee of the LaTrobe University and the Australian National University.
- 2003. Designer of the Manning Clark House (MCH) Inc web site.
- 2002-2004. Founder and Moderator of the webometrics[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list dedicated to the study of distribution and organisation of hyperlinks in local, regional, and global cyberspaces. [Est. 27 Jan 2002. Over 20 subscribers. Decommissioned in 2004]
- 2000-present. Founder and Moderator of the Trade-Routes[--at--]mm.isu.edu - a scholarly mailing list dedicated to the study of history, geography and logistics of trade and transportation routes. [Est. 30 Apr 2000. Over 180 subscribers.]
- 2000-2008. Founder and Editor of the Pacific-WWW-Monitor[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - an email-based journal reporting the latest develpments in online Pacific Studies. [Est. 12 Apr 2000. Over 1200 subscribers.]
- 2000-2008. Founder and Editor of the Pacific Studies WWW Monitor: Electronic Journal (ISSN 1443-8976)
[Est. 12 Apr 2000.]
- 2000-2011. Editor of the The AnthroGlobe Online Bibliographies section of the AnthroGlobe electronic journal (ISSN 1481-3440).
- 2000-2001. Editor of ECAI's "Trade Routes and Exchange Systems" international data collection and digitization team.
- 1999-2011. Special Adviser to The Korean-American Science and Technology News (KASTN), e-journal (ISSN 1089-7518) read by some 17,000 professionals worldwide.
- 1999-2005. Elected member of the WWW VL Council.
- 1999-2001. Founder and Editor of the Mappa Mundi: Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative (ECAI) Resources Bulletin (ISSN 1442-1240). [Est. 24 Feb 1999; Since Jul 2001 under a separate management.]
- 1999-2001. Editor of the "ECAI Echo: Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative (ECAI) Newsletter" (ISSN 1442-9616). [Est. 24 Feb 1999; since Jul 2001 under a separate management.]
- 1998-2004. Technical editor of the RSPAS Print News: E-Journal, RSPAS, ANU.
[Est. 01 Jun 1998. ISSN 1440-9127. Over 1510 subscribers.]
- 1998-2003. Member of the International Advisory Board, Paideusis - Journal for Interdisciplinary and Cross-Cultural Studies [ISSN 1454-2978], Romania.
- 1998-2001. Member of the Steering Committee of the Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative (ECAI), University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- 1998-2001. Member of the Pacific Neigborhood Consortium, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- 1998-1999. Member of ad-hoc Committee in charge of making the WWW Virtual Library an officially registered entity.
- 1998-1999. Academic Adviser to the "Encyclopedia of Monasticism", 2000, Chicago-London: Fitzroy Dearborn.
- 1997-2011. Member, since Apr 1997, of The Asian Studies Association of Australia Inc., (ASAA)
- 1997-present. Founder and Editor of the www.ciolek.com - Asia Pacific Research Online
[Est. 08 May 1997. In 2003 the site had 1.9 mln page views per annum.]
- 1997-2010. Designer and Editor of the Asian Studies Association of Australia corporate pages
[Est. 16 Apr 1997.]
- 1997-1998. Co-Founder of the Work Group for Electronic Resource Development (WGERD), of The Association for Asian Studies Inc., (AAS), USA.
- 1996-2005. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Information Quality WWW Virtual Library international collaborative project. [Est. 15 Mar 1996]
- 1996-1999. Founder and Editor of the Research School of Asian and Pacific Studies corporate pages. [Site established and maintained during the period Jan 1994-Jun 1999, since Jul 1999 under a separate management.]
- 1996-1999. Designer and electronic Editor of the The Asia-Pacific Magazine: Online Edition (ISSN 1328-7567). Published by the Director, Research School of Pacific And Asian Studies, ANU. [Est. 01 Dec 1996. Decommissioned on 01 Jan 1999.]
- 1996-1998. Founder and Moderator of the Info-Quality-L[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list on methodology of quality of online information. [Est. 29 Mar 1996, over 350 subscribers; decommissioned on 24 Dec 1998.]
- 1995-2011. Member of the Asia Pacific Special Interest Group (APSIG), Australia.
- 1995-present. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Tibetan Studies WWW Virtual Library international collaborative project. [Est. 09 Jan 1995]
- 1995-2011. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Pacific Studies WWW Virtual Library [Est. 21 June 1995. Since Jan 2000 co-edited with 'Alopi Latukefu]
- 1995-2011. Founder and Moderator of the Tibetan-Studies-L[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list on Tibetan history and culture. [Est. 8 Dec 1995. Over 560 subscribers]
- 1994-present. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Buddhist Studies WWW Virtual Library international collaborative project. [Est. 05 Sep 1994]
- 1994-2011. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library international collaborative project. [Est. 24 Mar 1994. The project involved approximately fifty volunteer online editors world-wide]
- 1994-2011. Founder and Editor of the Asia-WWW-Monitor[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - an email-based journal reporting the latest develpments in online Asian Studies. [Est. 6 Jun 1994. Over 6,620 subscribers]
- 1994-present. Founder and Editor of the Zen Buddhism WWW Virtual Library [Est. 05 Sep 1994]
- 1994-present. Founder and Editor of the Aboriginal Studies WWW Virtual Library. [Est. 15 Apr 1994]
- 1994-2011. Founder and Editor of the Coombsweb - ANU Asian Studies WWW Server
[Est. 25 Jan 1994. In 2001 there were 5.5 mln page views per annum.]
- 1994-2011. Founder and Editor of the Asian Studies WWW Monitor online Journal (ISSN 1323-9368)
[Est. 21 Apr 1994]
- 1994-2001. Founder and Moderator of the Aboriginal-Studies-L[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list on Aboriginal cultures and societies of Australia. [Est. 21 Sep 1994. Over 240 subscribers; decommissioned on 1 Sep 2001.]
- 1994-2000. Founder and Moderator of the Central-Asia-Studies-L[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list on history and culture of the region. [Est. 02 May 1994, over 300 subscribers; decommissioned on 10 Apr 2000.]
- 1994-1999. Founder and Moderator of the South-Asia-Studies-L[--at--]coombs.anu.edu.au - a scholarly mailing list on history and culture of the region. [Est. May 1994, over 150 subscribers, decommissioned on 12 Dec 1999.]
- 1994-1997. Founder and Editor of the Social Sciences WWW Virtual Library. [Site established and maintained during the period Mar 1994-Jun 1997, since Jul 1997 under a separate management.]
- 1994-1997. Founder and Editor of the What's New in WWW Social Sciences online Newsletter (ISSN 1323-9376). [Site established and maintained during the period Apr 1994-Jun 1997, since Jul 1997 under a separate management.]
- 1993-2000. Founder and moderator of the ZenBuddhism[--at--]vivanewmexico.com - a scholarly mailing list on history and current developments of Zen Buddhism. [Est. Aug 1993, over 400 subscribers, decommissioned on 15 Oct 2000.]
- 1993-1995. Founder and Editor of the Coombswais - ANU Social Sciences WAIS Databases [Est. Jun 1993, published a total of over 95 databases, system decommissioned in Sep 1995.]
- 1993-1995. Founder and Editor of the Coombsquest - ANU Social Sciences Gopher Server [Est. Jun 1993, system decommissioned in Sep 1995.]
- 1991-2011. Founder and Editor of the Coombspapers - ANU Social Sciences Anon. FTP Archive
[Est. 03 Dec 1991]
- 1985-1988. Training Officer, Computer Services Unit, RSSS/RSPAS, Australian National University, Canberra (3.5 years).
- 1982. Lecturer in Social, Cultural and Physical Anthropology, Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Nebraska at Omaha (one semester).
- 1981. Guest Lecturer in Environmental Psychology, School of Environmental Design, Canberra College of Advanced Education (two semesters).
- 1980. Lecturer in Environmental and Social Psychology, Centre for Continuing Education, Australian National University (one semester).
- 1970-1971. Tutor in Cultural and Social Anthropology, University of Warsaw (two semesters).
Public Lectures, Seminars, and Workshops
Presentation of keynote addresses, papers, lectures, seminars and workshops at several academic and business venues, including:
- Wilanów Palace Museum and Association of Conservators of Historical Monuments (SKZ), Warszawa, Poland (2023);
- Polish Academy of Sciences Krakow Branch, Urban Planning and Architecture Commission, Section Architectura Militaris, Poland (2023);
- Association of Art Historians (SHS and Association of Conservators of Historical Monuments (SKZ), Warszawa (2019);
- Association of Art Historians (SHS and Association of Conservators of Historical Monuments (SKZ), Toruń (2019);
- Institute of Landscape Architecture, School of Architecture,Kraków Technical University (2019);
- Association of Art Historians (SHS), Warsaw (2016);
- Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, U. of Warsaw (2013);
- School of Culture, History & Language, College of Asia and the Pacific, ANU, Canberra (2013);
- SAARC International Conference on 'Archaeology of Buddhism', Colombo (2012);
- Computing Unit, Dharma Gate Buddhist College, Budapest (2011);
- Institute of Mechanics and Applied Informatics, University of Casimir the Great, Bydgoszcz (2009);
- Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology (PJWSTK), Warsaw (2009);
- Indonesian Studies Graduate Summer School, ANU, Canberra (2009);
- International Dunhuang Project (IDP), British Library, London (2007);
- Asia Research Institute, The National University of Singapore, Singapore (2007);
- Dipartimento di Informatica e Comunicazione, Universita' degli Studi di Milano (2007);
- Dipartimento di Studi sull'Asia Orientale, Universita Ca' Foscari Venezia (2007)
- Indonesian Studies Graduate Summer School, ANU, Canberra (2005);
- Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology (PJWSTK), Warsaw (2003);
- Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, U. of Warsaw, U. of Warsaw (2003);
- Idaho State University, Pocatello (2003);
- Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston (2003);
- North Idaho College, Coeur d'Alene (2003);
- From the Book to the Internet: Communications Technologies, Human Motions, and Cultural Formations in Eastern Asia Conference, University of Oregon, Eugene (2003);
- Third International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS3), National University of Singapore,
- Asian Knowledge in a Multicultural Australia - A National Symposium, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra (2002);
- UNESCO Regional Consultation Meeting on the Preservation of Digital Heritage for Asia and the Pacific, National Library of Australia, Canberra (2002);
- Internet and Society 2002 Conference, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan (2002);
- The Annual Meeting of the Association for Asian Studies, Washington D.C. (2002);
- Internet Political Economy Forum 2001: Internet and Development in Asia, The National University of Singapore, Singapore (2001);
- E-Publishing and Data Interoperability in the Humanities Conference, U. of Sydney, Sydney (2001);
- Digital Library Summer Institute, Kapiolani Community College, U. Hawaii, Honolulu, (2000);
- Demography Program, RSSS, ANU, Canberra (2000);
- Internet Publications Bureau Seminars, RSPAS, ANU, Canberra (2000);
- Faculty of Art, Ohio State University, Columbus (2000);
- Pentagon Study Group on Japan and NorthEast Asia, Washington DC (2000);
- Pacific Neighborhood Consortium (PNC) Annual Meeting, U. California, Berkeley (2000);
- Pacific Neighborhood Consortium (PNC) Annual Meeting, Academia Sinica, Taipei (1999);
- Seminar on Electronic Mapping of Cultural Data, RSPAS, ANU, Canberra (1999);
- International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS), Noordwijkerhout (1998);
- Electronic Cultural Altas Initiative (ECAI), Heidelberg, Germany (1998);
- Arriyadh Development Authority, Riyadh (1998);
- National Library of Australia, Canberra (1998);
- Seminar on Electronic Mapping of Cultural Data, RSPAS, ANU, Canberra (1998);
- Pacific Neighborhood Consortium (PNC) Annual Meeting, Academia Sinica, Taipei (1998);
- The Annual Meeting of the Association for Asian Studies, Chicago (1997);
- Dept. of Political Science, Middlebury College, Middlebury VT (1997);
- Buddhist Studies Seminar, U. Calif., Berkeley (1997);
- Asia-Pacific Special Interest Group (APSIG), Canberra (1997);
- Federal Dept of Primary Industries and Energy (DPIE), Canberra (1997);
- Colloquium on Academic Library Information Resources, U. of Malaya Library, Kuala Lumpur (1997);
- Electronic Buddhist Text Initiative (EBTI) Conference, Taipei (1996);
- Depts. of Anthropology, RSPAS & Demography, RSSS, ANU (1996);
- AUUG'95 and Asia-Pacific WWW'95 Conference, Sydney (1995);
- Dept. of Anthropology, RSPAS, ANU (1995);
- Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Studies, Canberra (1995);
- 3rd National Round Table on Libraries & Asia, National Library of Australia (1995);
- Social Sciences Institute, U. Warsaw (1994);
- Institute of Oriental Studies, U. Warsaw (1994);
- Federal Dept. of Administrative Services (DAS) (1994);
- ANU Internet Seminar, Canberra (1994);
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Information Network in Social Sciences (APINESS), Bangkok (1994);
- Dept. of Anthropology and Prehistory, Faculties, ANU (1988);
- New England Seminar in Social Science, Armidale (1984);
- Dept. of Anthropology, RSPAS, ANU (1987);
- Hudson River Psychiatric Institute, New York (1982);
- The Culture Learning Institute, East West Center, Honolulu (1982);
- Dept. of Anthropology and Sociology, U. Nebraska, Omaha (1982);
- The Annual Conference of Australian & New Zealand Architectural Science Association, Canberra (1981);
- Center for Continuing Education, ANU, Canberra (1980);
- Dept. of Psychology, U. of Edinburgh (1979);
- NATO Advanced Study Institute Workshop on Methods of Research in Nonverbal Communication, London (1979);
- Dept. of Anthropology, U. of Gothenburg (1979);
- Dept. of Experimental Psychology, U. of Oxford (1979);
- School of Architecture, Canberra College of Advanced Education (CCAE) [now U. of Canberra] (1978, 1983, 1984, 1985);
- School of Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith U., Brisbane (1977);
- The 13th Annual Conference of the Ergonomics Society of Australia and New Zealand, Canberra (1976);
- Animal Behaviour Unit, U. of Queensland, Brisbane (1975);
- The Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science (ANZAAS) Conference, Canberra (1975).
Information Technology Skills
- Skills in networked information resources analysis, retrieval of electronic information,
- Skills in design, construction, documentation, maintenance and administration of heterogeneous
networked information systems [WWW-, FTP-, Listserv/Majordomo-, Gopher-, & WAIS-based technologies].
- Skills in system analysis, design, programming, implementation, testing and maintenance of a small, medium-size and large scale applications for both mainframe and micro machines. Expertise in programming within the Macintosh/HyperCard environment
including writing the Macintosh-environment XCMDs and XFCNs.
- Teaching skills in a large variety Macintosh and DOS microcomputer communications, networking, wordprocessing,
business graphics, drawing, spreadsheet and database packages.
- Skills in Unix OS, MSDOS, MSWord, WordStar, Scribe, Perl/CGI,
SPSS, SPSSX, Excel, CricketGraph, Adobe Photoshop, HyperCard,
FileMaker (relational database), MapInfo (Geographic Information
System GIS), GoogleEarth and other software.
- Troubleshooting skills in hardware, software, file-conversion, data-transfer, data-rescue and networking
problems within a mixed mainframe Unix, and Macintosh and DOS microcomputer environment.
Knowledge of Programming Languages
- (a) HTML/XML - Fluent.
- (b) KML - Fluent.
- (c) HyperTalk - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (d) Pascal - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (e) Perl - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (f) Basic - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (g) Cobol - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (h) GPSS - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (i) CSMP73 - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
- (j) MPW - Formerly Fluent, currently Rusty.
Knowledge of Languages Other Than English
- (a) Polish (speaking, reading, writing) - translator at the NAATI accreditation level III.
- (b) Russian (reading).
- (c) French (reading).
Published books, articles and notes with comments about works or activities of T. Matthew Ciolek
- 2020Konopka, Marek. 2020. [book review of] "Tadeusz Maciej Ciołek, Gerard Ciołek I Przyjaciele. Kalendarium Życia
i Pracy 25 Pasterzy Krajobrazu i Zabytków. Cz. I: 1841-1945,
Cz. II: 1945-1989, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Krakowskiej, Kraków 2019", Biuletyn informacyjny PKN ICOMOS
Nr 1-2 (48-49) 2020
styczeń-czerwiec, pp. 47-48.
- 2020Zachariasz, Agata. 2020. [Gerard Ciołek i przyjaciele - recenzja] [review of T. M. Ciolek’s book], pp. 164 [in:] Wiadomości Konserwatorskie (Warszawa). Nr 61, 2020.
- 2019Pawłowska, Krystyna. 2019. Słowo wstępne do książki Tadeusza Macieja Ciołka pt. Gerard Ciołek i przyjaciele: Kalendarium życia i pracy 25 pasterzy krajobrazu i zabytków, cz. 1: 1841-1945; cz. 2: 1946-1991, Kraków 2019, [introduction to T. M. Ciolek’s book], pp. 51-53 [in:] Hodor et. al. 2019.
- 2019Zachariasz, Agata. 2019. Koda - Z recenzji wydawniczej A. Zachariasz, 2019 [a fragment of the pre-publication review of T. M. Ciolek’s manuscript “Gerard Ciołek i przyjaciele: Kalendarium życia i pracy 25 pasterzy krajobrazu i zabytków”], pp. 51 [in:] Hodor, Katarzyna et. al. 2019. Katalog Wystawy “Anna Mitkowska, Maria Łuczyńska-Bruzda, Gerard Ciołek”, XXVI konferencja z cyklu sztuki ogrodowej i dendrologii historycznej - Aspekty Konserwatorskie i Ekologiczne w Ochronie Krajobrazu 24-25.10.2019 Kraków, Kraków: Politechnika Krakowska.
- 2014Pleskot, Patryk. 2014. "Solidarność" na Antypodach: inicjatywy solidarnościowe polskiej diaspory w Australii (1980-1989), Warszawa: Instytut Pamięci Narodowej. pp. 48, 56, 65, 96 ,97, 104, 105, 118, 139, 140, 148, 170, 212, 218-229, 231, 232, 234, 236-239, 241-244, 270, 271, 293-295, 307, 314, 315, 317, 318, 325-327, 335, 337, 343-345, 351, 352, 354, 355, 357, 358, 362, 364, 367,-370, 377-379, 382, 383, 385, 386, 389, 394, 397, 402, 403, 407, 408, 413, 414, 416, 423, 431, 432, 434, 436, 450-452, 456-458, 464, 465, 469, 479-482, 484. With photographs of T.M. Ciolek
- 2014Pleskot, Patryk. 2014. Polska - Australia - "Solidarność": biografia mówiona Seweryna Ozdowskiego, Warszawa: Instytut Pamięci Narodowej. pp. 145,146,155, 167, 169, 170.
- 2014Pleskot, Patryk. 2014. Polska - "Solidarnosc" - Afghanistan. "W Sieci Historii", nr 9, luty 2014(9). pp. 46-47.
[An en passant mention of T.M. Ciolek's pro-"Solidarity" activities in the 1980s.]
Clark, Roger. 2013. Morning Dew on the Web in Australia: 1992-95.
Published in a Special Issue of the Journal of Information Technology 28, 93-110 (June 2013) | doi:10.1057/jit.2013.11 [http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jit/journal/v28/n2/index.html]
["The [WWW] technology was developed in 1990 [...] Australians were not significant contributors to the original technology, but were among the pioneers in its application. This paper traces the story of the Web in Australia from its beginnings in 1992, up to 1995, identifying key players [incl. T.M. Ciolek] and what they did, set within the broader context, and reflecting the insights of the theories of innovation and innovation diffusion."]
http://www.rogerclarke.com/II/OzWH.html (v. 30 December 2012).
Dissanayake, Daya. 2012. Archeology of Buddhism. Daily News, Colombo, vol. 101 no 207, Fri 31 Aug 2012, pp.11. [An article with notes on T.M. Ciolek's online database of georeferenced Buddhist monasteries 200-1200 CE at http://monastic-asia.wikidot.com]
S o k o l e w i c z , Zof i a . 2010. R e w o l u c j a , k o n f l i k t p o k o l e n c z y k u m u l a c j a d o s w i a d c z e n
- z m i a n a p y t a n b a d a w c z y c h w e t n o g r a f i i p o l s k i e j p o I I w o j n i e s w i a t o w e j.
in: Malewska-Szalygin, Anna and Magdalena Radkowska-Walkowicz. (Eds.). Antropolog wobec wspolczesnosci : tom w darze Profesor Annie Zadrozynskiej [Anthropologist in the face of contemporaneity : a volume offered to Professor Anna Zadrozynska]. Warszawa: DiG, Instytut Etnologii i Antropologii Kulturowej UW. pp. 15-35. [An en-passant note on page 24 about Ethnology Department's series of interesting students of the including one named T.M. Ciolek].
Whyte, Julia. 2004. Oh, what a tangible web site they have weaved at the ANU. The Canberra Times, 25 March 2004, pp.9. [An article + a colour photograph of T.M. Ciolek]
Beddie, Francesca. 2004. Website of the Month. Asian Currents, ISSN 1449-4418, The Asian Studies Association of Australia's e-bulletin,
March 2004. [A note on the web-site http://coombs.anu.edu.au/WWWVL-AsianStudies.html]
Thomson, Richard, 2004. Asian Studies site tops the world. Asia Pacific - The quarterly newsletter of the National Insititute for Asia and the Pacific (NIAP), http//ni.anu.edu.au, The Australian National University, Issue 3, First Quarter, 2004, pp.3. [An article + a colour photograph of T.M. Ciolek]
Borrie, Jan. 2004. The Virtual Libraries of Coombsweb. Quarterly Bulletin, Volume 5, Number 2, June 2004, pp.9-11. The Australian National University, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies. [An article + a colour photograph of T.M. Ciolek]
Gilmore, Peter. 2004. Tibet on The Net: Tibetan Studies WWW Virtual Library: The Internet Guide to Tibetan Studies. Australian Tibetan Society, http://www.tibet.org,
Rose Bay, NSW 2029 Australia
Garzilli, Enrica and Ludovico Magnocavallo. 2002. Computer Space: An Interview with T. Matthew Ciolek. "Computer Space: Asia Academic Resources on The Internet:
How To Collect, Organize, And Manage Them." International Journal of Tantric Studies. ISSN 1084-7553. Vol. 6 No.1. http//www.asiatica.org/ijts/, Asiatica Association. September 11th, 2002,
Sands, Neil. 2002. INTERNET:
Media and academics attack web ruling. Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2002. http://cooltech.iafrica.com/technews/195141.htm
Clegg, Helen. 2001. Aboriginal Australia on the World Wide Web. Free Pint (ISSN 1460-7239), 15th February 2001 No.81,
http://www.freepint.co.uk/. Also republished in SciTech Library Newsletter
Wittern, Christian. 2000. Buddhist Studies in the Digital Age. Chung-Hwa Buddhist Journal, No. 13, (2000), pp.461-501. Taipei: The Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies ISSN: 1071-7132
Nelson, Lynn H. 1999. Before the Web: the early development of History on-line. "Linguaggi e Siti : la storia on line", n.3, Memoria e Ricerca - Rivista di storia contemporanea, gennaio-giugno 1999, pp.115-130. http://www.racine.ra.it/oriani/memoriaericerca/nelson-online.htm [An article on the early history of scholarly online resources on the Internet]
Floyd, Bianca P. 1999. Australian Scholar Focuses on Improving Internet Content. The Chronicle of Higher Education, January 8, 1999, Vol. 45, Issue 18, http://chronicle.com/weekly/v45/i18/18a03301.htm
Alexander, Janet E. and Marsha Ann Tate. 1999. Web Wisdom: How to Evaluate and Create Information Quality on the Web. Mahwah, New Jersey & London: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers. [Comments on pages 24, 30, 33, 34, 71, 72, 73,74, 75, 76, 107].
Payer, Margarete. 1997. HBI weltweit. -- 3. Australien. -- 3.05. Coombs Computing Unit, Australian National University. -- Fassung vom 1997-01-08. -- URL: http://www.payer.de/hbiweltweit/weltw305.html. -- [Stichwort].
Payer, Margarete. 1997. Wie kann man die Qualitaet von Internetressourcen fuer den wissenschaftlichen Bereich beurteilen? : Hinterfragung ausgewaehlter Vorschlaege; Vortrag am 11. Juni 97, HBI Stuttgart. -- Fassung vom 1997-06-11. -- URL: http://www.payer.de/einzel/infoq.html. -- [Stichwort].
Garton Andrew. 1996. Pan Asia networking. Ottawa: International Development Reseacrh Centre. pp. - unspecified.
Blide, Janet. 1982. Visiting Professor: Polish government 'collapsing'. UNO Gateway, Vol. 81, No. 10. September 24, 1982, U. Nebraska at Omaha. [An article + a B&W photograph of T.M. Ciolek]
Januszkiewicz, Bolesław. 1979. Book review of '"Wyrzeczysko : o świętowaniu w Polsce", Tadeusz M. Ciolek, Jacek Oledzki, Anna Zadrozynska '. Ethnologia Polona 5: 208-209. (in Polish)
University Information Office. 1975. Human Ethology Laboratory - one of few in world researching human communicational behaviour. ANU Reporter, Vol. 6, No. 12, 8 August 1975, The Australian National University, pp.3. [An article + a B&W photograph of T.M. Ciolek]
Bolek, Irena. 1974. Etnografia - nawet dla laików. "Nowe Książki” 15 March 1974, no. 5. pp. 59-60 . Warszawa: Biblioteka Narodowa. [a note about T. M. Ciolek's "Materials for 'The Alchemy of Gestures'", Etnografia Polska 17(2):59-79]
|| Personal Page ||
Curriculum Vitae ||
List of Publications ||
visitors to www.ciolek.com since 08 May 1997.
Maintainer: Dr T. Matthew Ciolek firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) 1995-present by T. Matthew Ciolek. This Web page may be linked to any
other Web pages. Contents may not be altered.
Aboriginal Studies ||
Asia Search Engines ||
Buddhist Studies ||
Ciolek - Research Papers ||
Global Timeline ||
|| Information Quality ||
Tibetan Studies ||
Trade Routes ||